Translate

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Hawaii

Multi View of Hawaii
Hawaii is a state that I would love to visit.  Since I have never been there I can only tell you what I would love to see if I traveled there someday.  In my mind, Hawaii is a tropical paradise with many unique features. 





Waikiki View (1981)

I would love to see the black sand beaches.  With over 750 miles of coastline, there are many beaches with sand colors ranging from white to green to black. The ever changing coastline must make each beach unique.  Some must have gentle waves if the surroundings protect the beach.  In other places the ocean must be wild and exciting.  The endless waves of the Pacific must be why so many surfers love Hawaiian beaches.   
I would love to see the coral reef and the marine life near it if I could learn how to scuba dive.  How marvelous it must be to see in the clear waters.

I think it is fascinating that this one state has a climate that varies from tropical to Alpine and from dry to wet, depending upon which side of the island you are on.   To enjoy warm temperature all year, yet see the tops of the mountains (volcanoes) with snow caps during the winter has to be amazing.


Plantation Crop - Pineapples
Museums are usually some of my favorite places to visit but it would be hard to be indoors in such a beautiful place with daily warm weather.  There is a Tropical Botanical Garden which would be a favorite place for me since I love flowers and gardens.  To see the abundance of plant life and also to tour a pineapple plantation would be interesting.



I’d like to see a volcano from a safe distance since I am not much of a risk taker.  It must be thrilling to watch the lava flow into the edge of the sea, forming new land. 
I’m the kind of traveler who would rather stroll around a small Hawaiian town to see how it would feel to live there than to travel from one tourist site to another.  I would of course enjoy the scenery and I feel sure Hawaii has many spectacular places to see.     

Poynesian Cultural Center

If I could, a cruise to each island would be a marvelous experience, especially if I could see dolphins and whales along the way.

I would like to pay my respects at the USS Arizona in Pearl Harbor at the memorial there.

There is so much to see in Hawaii and these are just a few of the ones that I think I would enjoy the most.  If you are able to plan a trip to Hawaii, your list might be very different.  To plan a great trip there, check out their website at http://www.gohawaii.com .


No comments:

Post a Comment